Flood Insurance

Best Policy. Best Protection. That’s Our Goal. Get a Quote.

    By clicking “Request Quote,” I agree by electronic signature to: (1) be contacted by QuoteSavant, a brand of Careington Benefit Solutions, and affiliated companies via autodialed calls, recurring SMS texts, and emails about insurance quotes and related offers; and (2) the Privacy Policy, which includes details about how we use your information and any rights you may have to opt-out of the sale of your information. Consent for communications is not required to make a purchase. Data & msg rates may apply. Text STOP to opt-out of texts.

    With us, your personal information stays personal, and we will never sell your data. Read our complete privacy policy for details.

    Quote Savant Scout Logo

    Coverage for when disaster strikes

    Flood Insurance

    Coverage for when disaster strikes

    Torrential rains and hurricanes to busted water lines, just an inch of standing water in your home can create absolute devastation. Be prepared for when disaster strikes with a flood insurance policy that provides a financial safety net.

    Why You Need It:

    Nearly every part of the U.S. is at major risk for flooding and it’s possible that your property is designated as a high-risk flood zone by FEMA. Despite the potential for floods, however, most home insurance policies don’t cover this peril, which means you’re vulnerable to thousands of dollars in out-of-pockets costs should the worst arise.

    The U.S. Congress established the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) in 1968 to reduce flood damage and offer protection to homeowners, especially those who live in high-risk regions. Even with NFIP, it’s important to consider an additional policy that can bridge the gap between the program’s max benefit and any additional damages.

    A flood insurance policy typically covers:

    • the physical structure and foundation of your home
    • plumbing, electrical, central heat and air
    • attached structures like the garage and patio
    • personal belongings like furniture, electronics and appliances

     Ready to get started? We’re here and ready to help! Complete the quote request form above or call (833) 464-8046.

    QuoteSavant, the wise way to shop for insurance.

    Flood Insurance

    Flood Insurance FAQs

    Flood insurance is a specialized type of coverage designed to protect property owners from financial losses caused by flooding. Standard homeowners or renters insurance policies do not cover flood-related damages.

    If you live in an area prone to flooding or if your mortgage lender requires it, you should consider purchasing flood insurance. Even if you are not in a high-risk flood zone, flooding can still occur, and coverage can provide financial protection.

    Flood insurance typically covers structural damage, personal property and debris removal for damage resulting from rising waters and inundation from outside of the residence premises.

    Flood insurance is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) or through private insurance companies. NFIP policies are available to communities that participate in the program.

    Yes, renters can purchase flood insurance to protect their personal belongings. The policy would cover the contents of the rented space but not the structure itself which would be the landlord’s responsibility.

    If you live in a high-risk flood zone and have a federally backed mortgage, your lender will likely require you to have flood insurance. However, even if you’re not in a high-risk zone it’s still a wise choice to consider purchasing flood insurance.